Is my house haunted..??

Konrad

*I unwittingly posted this in the Woodworking Forum last night.  I meant for it to go here.*

OK, so we bought this foreclosed acreage about half a year ago.

The previous owners trashed & gutted it (common in foreclosures), but the price was right.

And it's only 6 yrs old.

We've restored it to new condition, but there is something SO WIERD that I cannot for the life of me pin down in this house:

When the furnace is running I swear to you that I can hear piano music playing in this house.

Not like a tune from beginning to end, more like my 6 yr old plinking on our electric piano in the basement.

I always think they've left that electric piano turned on, because it has pre-programmed songs in it.

But when I go downstairs, its clearly off.  And I only hear it upstairs anyway.

I mean, right now as I'm typing this, I can hear it.

It's three notes over and over.

Lisa can't hear it, and when I talk about it, it creeps her out.

What the hell is the matter with me (or this house)...?!?

And why can't I just be normal and hear VOICES in my head?

Konrad, my friend, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is this is a classic tactic, one if well played, will lead to a life time of enjoyment reciting to others. The bad news, is someone or possible more then one is attempting to make you mad, probably for the insurance money.

This is just how I got off the hook with my ex-wife, except with her I use the NBC tones in door bell chimes. Worked like a charm and I got power of attorney in just a few months, which was all I needed. Lets just hope they only want control over your bank account and not convince you to chew on the business end of a revolver. My advice is have fun with the noises, possibly make up lyrics to go along with them, maybe try to hum in harmony too. Be one with the notes my friend, it'll take your mind off the idea they're slowly jacking up your sodium intake.

OK, well I did a little research and found the following questions online to help me determine if my house is haunted.

From this website:  http://www.michiganparanormalencounters.com/IS%20MY%20HOUSE%20HAUNTED.htm

I'll answer them each below, and you guys all can decide for me.

Here we go...

1. Do you seem to lose important items only to have them reappear later in an area which you had already searched?

Duh, I have a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old.  This one's an obvious Yes.

2. Do pets such as cats or dogs seem afraid to enter certain areas of the house?

No pets in the house.  That danged outdoor cat of ours was always tryin' to sneak in, though.  So I guess this one's a No.

3. Do lights or televisions turn on and off by themselves?

That new-ish Samsung TV of ours turns off by itself.  To hell with the alleged "self timer" feature that the owner's manual speaks of:  I'm callin' this one a Yes.

4. Have you heard someone call your name when no one is home?

No, and if I did, you can damn sure bet I'd be outta here in about 6 seconds. 

5. Have you heard footsteps in the house when you are alone?

I have a 6 and 4 yr old.  I'm never in this house alone.  And they're ALWAYS running around.  So Yes & No.

6. Do you hear odd scratching or knocking sounds coming from within the walls?

Yeah, but I think it's that pesky outdoor cat of ours.  Also, the doctor told me to up my fiber intake, so there's been some extraneous sounds going around this joint lately..

7. Have you noticed negative changes in either your attitude or the disposition of other family members where it doesn't seem to be warranted?  Need I mention the 6 and 4 yr olds, yet again..? Man, this is a dumb interview.

8. Do you sometimes feel as though you are being watched?

Hell, I've felt THAT way all my life.  (And Oswald didn't act alone, you know..)

9. Do you see movement or even shadows out of the corner of your eye?

It's like yer readin' my mind, doc.

10. Have you witnessed doors open and close by themselves?

Last week Lisa backed out of the garage before the damned thing was all the way up, and she hooked the roof rack on the ovhd door.  Does that count?

11. Do certain areas of the home feel unusually cold and seem incapable of warming up or have you experienced strange cold spots that seem centralized to a specific location with no discernable origin?

Ever since that baby was born 6 months ago and she's been nursing, there's been a cold spot right beside me in bed each night. 

12. Do children in the home seem to have unhealthy relationships with "imaginary friends?"

No, those two boys are too busy playing with each other to worry about imaginary friends. 

13. Have any members of the family used a Ouija board or similar item in the house?

This is a dumb question, but: No.

14. Do photographs taken in the home often appear with unexplainable white mists or orbs appearing in them?

I always thought it was oatmeal, cheerios, milk, or whatever other item my kids have spilled during the day.  It's all starting to come clear now.

15. Have there been any tragic deaths in the house or the grounds upon which it is built?

The death of our sex life.  See Question 11.

16. Do you sometimes catch movement out of the corner or your eye?

Well since this question appears yet again (see question 9), maybe a better question from that stupid website should be:  "Do you ever experience Deja Vu?"

So...?

What do you guys think?

Is this house haunted, or am I just going batsh*t?

Or...  Egads, I'm a parent!!

*Gasps of horror from the crowd*

After some careful reading between the lines I believe the house might actually be haunted by - Wait for it - Children!

I'm not sure how to get rid of them.  Everybody I know who's ever gotten some still has them.  I've got garlic hung over all of the doorways and I've managed to avoid getting any children so far but that's no help to you now that they're already in the house (I'm not sure if it's really the garlic anyway, that might just be a coincidence).

I think the best course of action might be to find a distraction.  Building and sailing small boats might keep your mind off the spookiness of the house.

Konrad  No more worries after worring about you all night, today it came to me with a ding ding ding ding.  All you need to do is put a new battery in your hearing aid. Hearing aids all ding like that when the bettery is getting low. No need to send me any gifts or anything just glad to help. Bud.

My aids will say "Battery" when the voltage is low thirty minutes later is it "Battery, shutting down".  The dealer neglected to tell me that and it scared the hell out of me the first time I heard it.  K-Rad after careful consideration and consultation with Bruce I think the issue is a problem between the headset.  If you would go immediately to the garage/shop/or what ever you call it and start a woodworking machine the tones will go away.  Running some wood through said machine will help much much more.  While you are doing this; to rid yourself of the nagging tones you hear, you might as well build another boat so to not waste the electricity or wood .  This will also go a long way toward restoring Lisa's confidence in your sanity as well!! Then again she would know best.  :cool: :cool:

My aids will say "Battery" when the voltage is low thirty minutes later is it "Battery, shutting down".  The dealer neglected to tell me that and it scared the hell out of me the first time I heard it.  K-Rad after careful consideration and consultation with Bruce I think the issue is a problem between the headset.  If you would go immediately to the garage/shop/or what ever you call it and start a woodworking machine the tones will go away.  Running some wood through said machine will help much much more.  While you are doing this; to rid yourself of the nagging tones you hear, you might as well build another boat so to not waste the electricity or wood .  This will also go a long way toward restoring Lisa's confidence in your sanity as well!! Then again she would know best.  :cool: :cool:

Reminds me of the day that I got in my recently purchased car and a voice informed that that my onstar was about to run out.  I thought I was going to have a heart attack.