Winter has arrived...

Konrad

Ja...me too  :( . No pics but about the same...40-55 mph winds , plenty of drifting, colder than...pick a euphemism. Got to go drift bustin' and doughnuttin' in the pickup though and looks like it will stick around for Xmas...just so long as it disappears by mid Jan (yeah...right!).

I'm heading up to the Chesapeake to visit family and friends this weekend. I'm leaving high 70's and heading into the abyss of frigid and house bound souls. The things we'll do for friend's and family I'll tell 'ya . . . So what do I do, wear my long John's on the plane in anticipation of arrival in the land of cold, sweating my butt off in route or do I change in the bathroom on the plane before landing? I don't even own a winter coat any more, I'm currently wearing a tee shirt and painting some cabinet doors in the driveway.

For many years I have had the rule that I don't travel north of I-10 from 15 Oct until after 15 May.  That worked very well.  Now, living about 15 miles N of I-10, it rains like all holy hell for half the night and blows dirt the rest(if and when it ever rains).  The truck looks like it rained mud!!!   Still better than snow.  Sorry guys; though dual qualified, my red neck genes are overpowering those of the hill billy bent so I'll stay south (see rule one above) if at all possible.  :cool: :cool: :cool:

It finally broke 32 degree today and my frozen pipes thawed out.  Colder than......well you know.  we had the high winds earlier in the week when the front first came across the border.  Snow in California has begun taking a toll on the Mandirin Orange crop already.  Mom has snow outside of Sacramento.

Konrad, you pictures remind me of my childhood in Colorado!  Weather here is reminding me also!