Princess Sharpie 28

PeterP

Hello Peter, your boat would be perfect for our waters here in the waddensea and the German bight. May be it would need all ballast as deep down as possible.
Unfortunately the order situation in my job is quite weak the last 2 years. So i wait for better times to start building my PS 26...
Enjoy your boat Peter!
Sönke

Wow, Great job PeterP

A few years back I went to Bayboro and talked to Graham about the Princess. Alan was just starting to work on refinishing Southbound (it was yellow then). After that I was hooked on a CS17 and am very happy with mine. If I had seen yours at that time, I would definitently been hooked on a princess instead. Afraid I won't make the Messabout since it will be my wifes BDay and we have other plans, But hope I see you on the Pamilico.

Jeff

• 3 months later...

As one of the projects this winter I am re-doing my cockpit  hatches. Number one problem with the originals was the size - my old ones were too small to take the folding bike. We have made a couple of trips where having a bike would've been nice or where we ended up renting them for touristy price. Stupid to do that if you have the gear sitting at home. So, while I was re-doing the tops I decided to go with different latch system. I'd had stainless Seadog hasps previously and I developed an intense dislike for them. They were the exact hight to scrape my shin/calf at every turn. Nothing worse than an old guy with skinny legs covered with sores - half of them still bleeding. So I made my own stuff- using generic cooler latches. Less than $9 a pair on ebay. Obviously, these are not lockable,  but I have never ever locked my cockpit hatches anyway. We'll see how these work out. All the best in 2018 PeterP

20180112_152158_resized.jpg

20180112_155847_resized.jpg