12' lapstrake tender=runabout for sale

Oyster

I would like to sell this neat little boat. The engine is a new yamaha 2 stroke 8 hp. 2009, zero hours. The trailer is a brand new jetski type trailer that has 12 inch wheels and oil bearings and rigged with side bunks and walkboard for super towing over the road and secure on the trailer and easy to launch and retrieve. The boat can be loaded on a canoe rack with ease with all interior parts removable for reducing weight and for servicing and cleaning at the end of the day.  E-mail if you wish more information. This is not a run of the mill boat, IMO of course, built with all quality materials including a custom varnish mahogany transom.

DSC04203.jpg

You can carry plenty of cargo for day tripping or even overnight camping for two people if you also desire.

DSC06050.jpg

DSC06033.jpg

DSC06042.jpg

The boat is very stable and you can also stand up and fish out of it.

DSC06040.jpg

The problem I have is that I subscribe to multiples, especially in this issue. The kids have seen enough boats and want no part of them at this point in time. I wish to be down to one and a messabout gunkhole hull and thats it. Good luck with your withdrawals. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

What design is it?

I actually designed and built the boat as a mini Simmons Sea Skiff for the fun of it. I really like the inside well as the boat performs and handles in open swell just as good as the full size ones. I have never taken any water across the transom like the small boats thats used as tenders or dinghies.

I have never liked most of the smaller dinghies and the likes from 12 foot and down as most had no room for carrying stuff that I personally wanted to carry and also stand up in it safely and also carry the stuff with two people in it. Of course I am kinda partial to the boat since it does do exactly what I intended for it to do and then some. The portability of the boat that I have found is such a plus the several times we have truck carried it and I still store my sister hull on the rack for my other son until he finds a house of his own to keep it.

Hey Oyster - You didn't mention that the seat is movable and has storage inside (I hope I remember that correctly).  Besides the workmanship the thing that I really like most about the boats you build is that you build them to be useful as well as beautiful.  Whenever I get a close-up look at one of your boats I have a good time looking over all the cool little details that you don't mention - Maybe because you think it's just common-sense to include (or exclude) something.