Weekender Trailer pictures

markfitz

Are there any pictures here that show a weekender trailer with the boat off the trailer?  We are trying to figure out how to set the trailer up, and we are killing ourselves trying to figure out where the boat will want to balance and what parts of the keel will actually be touching the channel.  The bunks are another story.  We think we may need to add some additional ones in the front, but we figured if you all could point us to some trailer pics, or post some, it would be helpful.  I tried to check the gallery here, but couldn't figure out how to get it to show me what I was looking for....thanks!

Mark,

To find the center of gravity on my Vacationer, I used a 2" diamaeter piece of metal conduit under the keel, and rolled the boat back and forth balanced on it until I found the center.  With a Weekender, this should be pretty easy to do because it's lighter.  On my Vacationer, the center was roughly 4-5" ahead of the main cabin bulkhead.  The Weekender is probably similar.

Konrad

After reading Pat's post, I agree:  Install centering guides for the keel.  There's no debate in my mind about keel vs. hull support: The keel should bear the majority of the load of the boat.  Not the hull at the side bunks.  (I remember seeing a Weekender years ago on a trailer with no center support of any kind, only bunks.  The deflection in the hull sheathing wasn't pretty.)