Vintage Hydroplane

kmrmike

I've been thinking about building a 1962 vintage hydroplane featured in Science and Mechanics Magazine. there were two hydroplanes I know of from this era and the one I've chosen is a 2 place at 13 feet 7 inches. The other hydro was a 4 place and 14 foot length, only 5 inches different but a 4 place machine.

I would like to add about 1 foot length to the one I choose to make it a 4 place version and would like some input regarding these changes...Thanks..Mike

Don't even think about it, for several reasons you may or may not understand.

Glen-L has a handful of hydro's to select from. Use a design that's well suited or modify a design and find out how well unsuited you are at hydrodynamics. I'm not trying to insult you, but just suggest the gravity of these types of modifications on this type of hull form.