I enjoy wood.

Oyster

LOL! Forget your login over there?

Nah... just retired!

Yea, well there are several that have been congenial and in that spirit I go and add some shots instead of dealing with the pms and regular mail. Its easier. I do get dirty sometimes though. ;)

I got the inside completely primed but need to spot fill  and will continue to paint which will be the egg shell white or  few shades darker, but will start there.

I did get a couple more storage lockers in place up foward in the queen's quarters.

DSC06410.jpg

DSC06413.jpg

DSC06412.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to go ahead and trim and finish the queen's quarters.

The pieces are loose laid and sorry about the uncleansed work area, it was late and just wanted to see what it looked like. No sanding primers, and dealing with painting inside. If I want to clean or freashen the interior up after the work is all done, a quick scotchpad, vacumn and recoat in short order.

DSC06465.jpg

DSC06464.jpg

Its coming along, Greno, especially since I had some extra help today, my 15 month old grandson. ;D I finished all the limber holes that are lined with copper inserts and glassed over with the tabs, finishing all the hull grid. The deck will all be in place in the am and will get glass and primer. Closing in indeed with the showy part finally.

My boat building has hit a snag in a 1979 Potter built Seacraft.  My wife let me buy it two days ago and I am focusing on it so we can ski and tube out the summer.  Runs great, but may have a wierd electrical problem, not charging the batteries and the tach is bouncy.  May have to put a new rectifier and stator.

Fun.

Sorry to hijack.

Eric

My boat building has hit a snag in a 1979 Potter built Seacraft.  My wife let me buy it two days ago and I am focusing on it so we can ski and tube out the summer.  Runs great, but may have a wierd electrical problem, not charging the batteries and the tach is bouncy.  May have to put a new rectifier and stator.

Fun.

Sorry to hijack.

Eric

No problem,,I also subscribe to the idea that everyone needs at least two to three projects at one time.  ;)

Per request, a small update. I have finished the bulk of the sealing strips and finished up the cockpit decking, ready for glass work. I got the sides all painted and doing the small stifening side frames in place. I installed gasketed plates for the outside stringer and grid system which is isolated from the center line for a couple of reasons. Both sides of the sealing strips are in place. All of the inwales are also in place.

DSC06511.jpg

DSC06537.jpg

Well now that we have more funnies I must add some shots that will go with them. The covering boards are going on and the kick panel along the house and trunk.

DSC06566.jpg

DSC06559.jpg

I will install gussets between the standoffs and face the boards with solid trim. ALong the under side I will have rod storage and provisions for clamp rake and a mop which I will need to clean up after the bloody fish guts.

DSC06551.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am on the final phase. I had to clean the shed up and want to do the paint outside where I can see the sides better. How do you like my air conditioned cabin? :silly: I just need to install the kick panels and the foward section of the covering boards.

I will modify the window center styles to match the cabin sides. I had thought that I would be restricted by the same when going foward down below but thats not going to be the case. And the modification will make it more pleasing to the eye. I am pleased with the hull proportions. Its been a fun project.

DSC06681.jpg

DSC06680.jpg

The house and trunk is actually primers. I used the high build awlquip primer for the trunk while I was doing another small piece that recieved awlquip topcoat paint. The decks will be a buff or cream color and I used that to see what it would look like against the house offwhite, but will finish off the trunk with the offwhite.  The hull will end up to be a bit lighter as there are two yellows that I also experiemented with as a build up coat and to check the color on a large scale for the boat.  The teak feature plank will be varnished out with a wooden rubrail also varnished. A toe rail will also be installed from the side of the house foward for safety, all varnished. ALl will be easy to take care of simular to my now extinct sailboat. 

It's only a few weeks until I'm back in the states and I'm hoping to see some American salt water not long after.  Maybe we can get together out at the hook to admire your newly launched beauty and plan the repairs and mods required for my tired old girl...

Am I talking funny yet?  :grin:

I was out today for a fishing trip on a Yorkshire Pebble Boat - A modern, glass derivative of the traditional Yorkshire Cobble (pictures later).

Sorry I have no update pictures. Since moving the boat outside, I am working inside a complete enclosure, double protected from the elements. I did get out fishing and filled the skiff up with fis yesterday Phil, could not find you or get ahold of you. Ken the temps have dropped about twenty degrees on average and rain has set in. But we will be floating barring some unforseen issues and then finish the interior after the initial run of the boat. And no you do not sound any diffferent than any of your other posts since you have been a member here.

As a matter of fact, I can hear my dog breathing from the other room over you tonight if thats any consulation . Be safe and don't bring back any woolies from there.

• 1 month later...