Cedar Key 2009

I returned yesterday from another fantastic Cedar Key messabout.  I would guess there were close to 50-60 boats there of all shapes, sizes and configurations.  Great Sailing weather except Saturday morning with no wind.  So everybody got a chance to row or paddle.  I rowed "Lively" over to Atsena Otie Key.  She rows nicely but I like sailing much better.  Sunday had great winds in 10-15 range.

I believe "Lively" was the sole B&B boat represented.  We received a lot of nice complements. 

There were more Sea Pearls than anything else.

If you are interested you can go to our West Coast Trailer Sailing Squadron (WCTSS) site and check it out.  Photos will be posted as folks return home.  http://members.ij.net/wctss/wctss/  Check now and in about a week.

The boats ranged from a prototype board that you stand on use a double blade paddle.  The Gougeon Brothers were there (WEST Epoxy) with a very unusual boat.  I don't think I can describe it but will try to find a photo.  It was a fishing board(platform) with a seat that can be double paddled or poled bright yellow in color.

There were also two boards with bicyle handlebars and seats with pedals powering a propeller.  Also a kayak with pedals powering propeller.

Here are some others: Sun Cat, the HEN family was very well represented by 4 Peeps, one Mud, one Marsh, and two Bay Hens, several Bolgers including light Schooner ( they pulled out early because their daggerboard drew way too much for the shallow water around Cedar Key), Potter 19 and 15.  There was a guy from Tennessee who built a small boat that his son designed as a project in his senior high school year.  A 19 foot try kayak. Several sailing 50/50% sailing canoes (Bufflehead) by Hugh Horton.

There was a party Friday night and Saturday everybody just got together to talk boats and sailing.

A great time was had by everybody. 

My post here is to request that next year we get a lot of B&B boats to attend.  You will not be sorry.  Ask Graham. 

• 1 month later...

Great publicity for B&B boats and specifically my Core Sound "Lively". 

She is on the cover of Southwinds magazine July 09 issue. They featured an article about Cedar Key 2009.  Southwinds magazine is a magazine concentrating on the southeastern US.  I am excited about it since it came as a complete surprise.

On the cover credit they said it was built by Graham's B&B instead of me but that is Ok.  I am happy. It is a great shot of Lively on the beach at Cedar Key.

Hopefully, Graham will get some additional business. 

As I said in above post, I would sure like to see a lot of B&B boats at Cedar Key next year.

Here is a link to the magazine.

http://issuu. com/southwinds/ docs/july_ 2009_issue? mode=embed&layout=http% 3A%2F%2Fskin. issuu.com% 2Fv%2Flight% 2Flayout. xml&showFlipBtn= true

Dale