Jointer and Sander

LOML has wanted a murphy bed for the guest room, and I was adding up the costs of building one ... $300 for the mechanism, probably $200 to $300 for the materials, and a lot of time I don't seem to have any more.  So she found one for sale on Craig's List that looked promising, and we went to look at it.

Right out front of the home was a vintage, 1950's era Sears Craftsman 6" Jointer (made by King-Seely in those days).  And a belt sander, on the same old cabinet.  The guy selling it and the murphy bed is a handyman sort, and I think he buys and sells used furniture on the side.  While I was looking at the jointer and salivating, my wife was negotiating the bed down to a price close to my "build" price.  I walked up to hear "OK, you have a deal if you'll throw in the rusty stuff my husband was looking at."

Looking back, she was probably just buttering me up so I would agree on the murphy bed. 

So now, I have a tool restoration project.  I'll rebuild the cabinet (from scratch ... this one's shot) and include a mounting spot for my drill press.  The jointer and sander both run fine, although the jointer is missing the guard and the sander is missing the disc portion of it (unless both are in the cabinet that I haven't even opened yet.)

post-2-129497681649_thumb.jpg

post-2-129497681651_thumb.jpg