Just Saying Hi

Dave R1

Greetings all. It's been a hundred years since I've been here and it feels like 200.

Glad to see there are still a bunch of the old timers around. I've been incredibly busy with stuff. Too much of it isn't boat related, unfortunately. I need to get back to the boat stuff, though.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Cheers,

Dave

Thank you frank.

I thought of you this morning as I brushed 7" of fresh snow off of Surprise.  It can't be cold and snowy forever, so as soon as the lakes thaw, let's go sailing!

Bill, I'm with you on that.

The C-27 is committed to get new bottom paint this spring but the old stuff isn't completely off yet. Hopefully there'll be time before it has to be in the water. Otherwise, I'll be begging to go with you. ;)

I haven't really given up. I want to build another boat very badly. No, wait. I very badly want to build another boat. There's no room in the shop to build anything very large though. I've got plans for Oughtred's Feather Pram and at 7' it'll just fit.

Time is the other factor right now, though. Between my day job which I am thankful to have, I've been busy teaching and drawing for various clients. I am preparing to teach a couple of classes in Port Townsend, WA in June and I should be able to get a nice infusion of wooden boat stuff there.

Cheers,

Dave

And Hi! from this corner.

Been a long winter of this and that, here and there, struggles and distractions. The bit of boat work has moved to the old farm house which is a bear to keep anywhere near warm. Finished the room here at the house in town where the Teal was built so projects were moved up the hill. Duckboat restoration creeping along there. Things were thin here before the crash so going far afield for income. Did manage to feed my ongoing mid-life educational crisis with some electronics study and a ham radio license.

Glad I stopped by here this morning. Bill, we'll start the countdown to Messabout. The Corps measure ice at 18" off Lake City and 22" at Pepin. Above freezing tomorrow and warmer all week. I'm done with the white stuff. The sun can deal with it. Dave, I'm green. Seems I can only manage port Townsend every decade or two. Had a kid in Seattle for a bit but she moved south again for the beach!

Should get at a sail for the Teal. Tyvek might go part of a third season!

Bob