Popsicle earned her name today. But good news..

Oyster

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Craig. I am at the stage of dry fitting and gluing up the first two additional planks on the side. This will still allow me some ability to step over the side to complete the interior too. I need to tie in the house to the lower part of the sides.

DSC05489.jpg

The planking and cabin sides worked out just dandy so that the covering boards outside will be the same angles to the foward end of the trunk.

DSC05502.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The sides are in the primer stage , coming out the way I wished.

DSC05610.jpg

The inside of the trunk is finished off the same as the top without the beams which is not necessary the way I did the top sandwich with foam and a grid system.

DSC05550-1.jpg

I still need to trim it out inside. The hatch will go in the foward end of the trunk.

DSC05525.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry no boat shots today. They deflect from the true sights and sounds of the weekend and reflections too.  ;) But we indeed made it to the water. We also checked out the new "babies" that abound along the barrier islands. We dug clams, listened to passing by seagulls and Oyster Catchers, and just plain enjoyed a pretty day away from the crowds.

Remember we go where few can venture about.

DSC05897.jpg

DSC05880.jpg