Hey there in the deep South!

Ken_Potts

Why aren't we getting any trip reports from the Southern hemisphere?

Are you folks just too busy having fun to post pics? (If so, I understand completely)

I'm sitting here in one of the Southern states of the US lamenting the fact that it was in the mid 30s (F) last weekend when I went sailing and you Southern hemisphere brothers and sisters aren't sharing the joy of last weekend's sail/camp/barbecue (or even rubbing our noses in the fact that you've got summer now in the midst of our winter)  ;D

Is anyone sailing down there?

Sorry - I just came in from having a cigarette and I'm cold.

Hi Peter,

I'd love to trade my 34F for 34C any day (it's actually 36F here right now but I'll still stand by the deal even if if it's for 36C).  :)

Your boat is coming along nicely.  You're probably at the point where the dreams of sailing it are becoming the plans for sailing it.

I love the picture of your brother's boat - Who's the designer etc?  I always like to see a bigger shoal-draft cat-ketch because it makes me think I could walk away from my mortgage and live aboard while working part-time and fishing to fill in the gaps in my income.  I know it's a pipe dream but when I see those big shoal draft boats it still gets my blood pumping with thoughts of "I could live on that without even leaving the state." or "There's the perfect Bahamas boat and I'd be able to afford it if it weren't for the price of beer." ;D

One of the highlights of the B and B messabout this last summer for me was hanging out with Vlad on his Freedom 28 Ketch and thinking of the possibilities the boat offered (Well, it was a great time talking to Vlad too, but I was sectretly planning to steal his boat).  ;D

Hi Ken

I love the picture of your brother's boat - Who's the designer etc?

She's a Bolger Romp- 30 ft Cat yawl. Built with the best Tasmanian timbers- King Billy and Huon Pine...which are said to be among the finest boatbuilding timbers in the world.

Here's an article about her

http://thecoastalpassage.com/papers/tcp22.pdf

Peter HK