Super Skipjack Plans Available

MikeStevenson

Hello everyone,

The new Super Skipjack plans are now available to order! I have placed it on our Ordering Info page, and there's a link to that page from the Super Skipjack's page also.

We're really very happy with this new set of plans and hope you will be too! And we hope we see lots of new SSkips on the water this Spring...We want to go play!

Thanks,

Mike Stevenson

Here are a couple links:

http://www.stevproj.com/SSkip1.html

http://www.stevproj.com/BYYCOrdPage.html

Very cool project for them. We have had school/club builders in mind with this boat and its plans. I would have gone nuts for this when I was 12, although I rally did have tons of fun with the Mini-Cup. This has more Pirate/Hornblower romanticism to it, and room for more people, can be electric, etc, etc. Lots more for young builders (or anyone, really) to learn about and get into, I think.

If they decide to build one, please do keep us posted. I know Peter would like to know about a young builder project with this new design.

Thanks,

Mike

Silly question Mike...but I noticed the other day that  when the Super Skip Jack plans were announced, the 'venerable' skip jack plans seemed to have been dropped....have they been nixed in liue of the Super Skip. 

Thanks

ps...we got our Vacationer plans Monday.....I can't believe how quick you got them out ( I believe it was just 3 days)!  Now I just have to wait to Christmas to see them  :o  Oh well, plenty of time to start planning!

I ordered them on Sunday and they made them all the way to NJ by wednesday.

Our plan is to first put together an amphora and once we  know what we're doing, me and the kids will have to decide between the super skipjack and the triad.

Definitely want to make sure I get this done quicker then the last plans I ordered - I have the popular science issue that featured the minicup, and the plans (postmarked 1978), but still haven't made the first cut . . . the kids were looking at those plans and are hot to go.  I may set the record for the longest build with that one!