Stevenson Projects Ordering Back Up

MikeStevenson

(sort of)

Hello All,

Yes, we've been bad and I KNOW everyone is ticked and yes, IT'S RUDE and unmannerly to run things as we have and...Etc. We know, and all we can say is sorry, but there've been a lot of things going on...(Zanniwhoop-like, if anyone gets that.)

The plans and pretty much everything Stevenson-Projects-related has been moved to Texas and is now in Peter Stevenson's care. He's ready to start taking orders, answering emails, etc. There may be some issues with the email, but it'll get sorted soon enough. He's working on two new projects and spends a lot of his time out in the barn and not at the computer. I mention this to let people know he's not the type to sit in chat rooms and shoot emails back-and-forth. The two projects are the long-awaited Super Skipjack (which plans are still here in Carmel but I'll be taking them back in a couple weeks to be finished, as well as trying to get a bit of sailing video to post, if the weather cooperates) and a new Electric Mini-Indy-type machine. Surprise, surprise; the old Mini-Indy resurfaces perhaps!

SO: the ordering page is back ON, with reservations. I'm not entirely convinced the process has been explained to Peter, so there may be hiccups as we work out the new system he's learning.

Mike

Mike!  I am glad to see you posting here again...you have been missed! :) :)

I like that Duckworks idea and hope it would fit your family's business plan.  It would certainly ease the strain on you all to keep up with the orders and allow more time for designing new boats and sailing. :)

I make trips to and from Texas (Galveston Bay area mostly).  Where are you all sailing in Texas?

Best of regards (sigh of relief)

Greg.

Amphora Dragon

ARGGHH!

Sorry...I was told the phones are up. They are NOT. And now I think we'll just wait until we're all back in Texas to get them working.

SO: the PayPal is working, the telephones will not be until the second half of September.

Sorry, but at least something is up-and-running.

As to Duckworks, I'll mention it to Peter. I've only sailed a very short bit on the Guadelupe River, but Peter's using the little lake in Boerne to test the SSkip. It's just large enough to get a feel and the wind's pretty clear. Lake Buchanan looks like it'd be fun (bigger and no wind obstructions that I could see.) Not too far away; an hour-and-a-half, maybe?

Mike

And now we're back down again. Sorry, as always.

This time I share your frustration. I thought things were all ready to go; apparently not.

September 20th I'll flip the switch, one way or the other! It's time to get this back rolling...

I'm afraid all of the Stevenson Projects stuff is in Texas now, and I don't know of any current builders in the area. There was a guy in Monterey who had been very keen to start, but I never heard much beyond his initial planning. There are a lot of nice areas to explore around the Bay Area and within a hundred miles or so. I'm surprised there aren't more builders in that area.

Mike

The support from the Weekender builder community has always been top notch, so I don't think selling more plans will result in more demands for support.  You guys have always been up front about the way the plans are sold for the home builder and not in the same model as plans you would get from Mystic Seaport (but even then, you get little or no support from the designer, most of them having 'passed the bar'.)

Automating the process is tricky without investing a lot of cash which probably doesn't make sense for the plans business.  But a partnership with someone like Duckworks might make a lot of sense.  If you wanted an official support forum here, I'd be happy to host that at no charge.

Mike, Good to hear that Stevensons is about to get rolling again.  I received my Weekender plans back in March or April and have been slowly working on the boat with my build partner since sometime in May. I'm in Rowlett, TX, on Lake Ray Hubbard, which is a pretty big sailing lake in Texas...but not at all close to Boerne. 

Perhaps a Galveston Bay area mess-about is in order for some time down the road. 

Frank: Thank you very much for your kind note! It has never been demanding to support our builders, even before the WWW; the only issues recently have been a general scatterin of our family which has made processing orders hard. Now that most of the moving of stuff has settled and people are in better spots, we've come to realise we've dropped the ball rather badly with StevProj. It's not hard to handle once the process is understood, but Peter has never been the one to handle this aspect of the business so now he's getting up-to-speed on the administrative side of things. All this will get sorted when I get to Texas next, which should be a in a couple weeks.

Bdann: I think there are some good spots to explore in Texas, although I have yet to get to the Gulf Coast. We're within a couple day's drive of Florida as well, which could be quite interesting. With all the driving I've been doing, anything less than 1000 miles seems close!

Mike

Hello Mike & Peter and welcome to Texas. It seems you'll be building in my neck of the woods. If you are setting up in Boerne ......which is just north of San Antonio you are within 25 miles of me. I live just west of San Antonio. I am about 25 hours into a skipjack build & have the vac plans. If I can be of any help in any way please give me a shout.....actually love to see the super sjkipjack  ;D. Again welcome to Texas.....Wayne