Newcomer presentation and some questions about ordering at Stevenson Projects

CoolGuy

I know their site has said they suspended orders for some time (at least as long as I've been peeking around here...around April or May, I think), and Salty Dog and I believe one other stated they got their plans fairly quickly....I too, got the 'mailbox full' message 2 days ago...but I've heard alot of that.

Before I get daring an order my Vacationer plans next week (aka..payday  ;)), can anyone comment on the height of a Vacationer's cabin roof?  On the FAQ page of Stevenson site, it says an average of 38"....which seems quite tight (if my math is right...that's a mere 2 inches more than a yard).  Is that correct?  If so, does anyone know if it's possible to raise the cabin roof...say about 6" or so.  The Belhaven's cabin is stated at 4'7"...which would be a heck of a lot more comfortable for me and my boss (  ;)), but I am hopelessly in love with the Vacationer's styling and Gaff rig setup.

Thanks!

Has anyone any experience with Welsford's "Swiftsure" as an alternative design for weekender lovers.  It appears to keep the traditional lines everyone loves. The conceptual drawing on his site isn't real detailed but the description captures your attention.