3D Test fit

Joel

Well...... I built a cart and got my Weekender down from the saw horses. It looks a lot smaller close to the ground. I posted a few pictures at my MSN site and in "my gallery" here. None of the deck or bulkheads are attached yet. Just put it all together to see how everything fits. All looks well except for the center bulkhead position. I'm not sure why but to get the correct angle I will need to move the stringer 1" forward. If thats the biggest problem, I guess I can live with that

Joel

http://www.msnusers.com/JoelsWeekenderSite/construction.msnw?Page=2

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

Looks great Joel. Must be a nice feeling...reality of a boat sets in! I'd probably sit in a chair for a while just staring at it.

BTW your shop is way too clean, if I don't have to dig around for something I feel like nothings getting done. :D

cheers,

Bill

Well Joel that keel is looking better all the time, I like the way you pulled the bottom down to it.

In retrospect I think a center lamination of solid wood might have given you a little cleaner joining with the keel, maybe a 1X 3 strip cut out of short pieces down the center. But it looks like you have a good joining of the pieces. Will you be able to trim the bolts resonably flush? Or are you planning on covering them with something?

I had to remake my forward bulkhead to fit rather than move it from the measurements on the plans. Not sure why it came out incorrect but it did. Part of it is adding the stringers on the bottom added to the width of the bottom in relation to the bottom edge of the bulkhead. (Not really, but I am blaming it on that) :roll:

Pretty exciting at this stage.

Barry, I will trim the bolts off, leaving the washers and nuts to cover. There will only be 5 of them exposed. I plan to cover the ones in the cabin with some 3/8" teak and holly plywood I got for free. I will counterboar the back at each bolt. Same with the ones in the cockpit except for the wood. I will use marine fir.

Sorry about the shop guys. I don't want to start anything but................. My wife helps me clean up after I'm done working on the boat!

Joel

BTW your shop is way too clean' date=' if I don't have to dig around for something I feel like nothings getting done. :D

cheers,

Bill[/quote']

Yeah, But Bill, he said he took the boat down off sawhorses an mounted on the dolly. We have no way of knowing what the other side of the shop looks like.

Ray , here is a picture of the "messy side"

joel

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

Well :lol::lol: Most of it has been disposed of, but if you insist, I am sure I can find some!!

Matter of fact, I have 2 coffee cans full of shaving (which I use when stripping finish) that you can have!! :D :D :D

Light bulbs? I have to walk around the house, I am sure I haven't taken care of a 'few' things lately!! :D :D