utility trailer for a small boat?

shudgetajob

I bought a Swifty 12 row/sail boat w/o a trailer.  Boat is 12ft and weighs 115lb and has a flat bottom.  The previous owner got it to the lake on a little flat bed utility trailer.  He always had enough help around to muscle the boat on and off the trailer.  For a variety of reasons, I'd also like to pick up a utility trailer rather than a boat trailer, but I may be launching by myself.  What can be done to a flat utility trailer to make launching solo a breeze rather than a nightmare?  Add a winch?  Use a tongue extender?  Much appreciate any comments.  Mike

I used a harbor freight folding trailer for a long while with a flat-bottomed and then V bottomed boat.  Loved the combination with the ability to use the flatbed to transport other stuff besides the boat.  For the flat bottomed boat I backed the trailer into the water and slid it on and off of the treated plywood floor of the trailer.  Never had a problem.  For the V bottom, I made bunks with wedges to hold them at the right angle and had dowels on the bottom of the blocks that slipped into holes I drilled in the bed of the trailer.  Again, I just backed her up to the water. 

At home, I bought a lift system by Harken which I used to raise the boat off of the trailer and store it against the ceiling of the garage.  Then, I could fold the trailer up and put it against the wall and actually park a car in the garage.  What a concept!