Just Launched, You Tube video

hangflydany

Hi Jeff, we live in Eastern Ontario, Cornwall to be exact, 5 minutes from the Saint Lawrence river. This boating enthusiasm is actually new to us. My dad always dreamed about boats but could never do it, being a minister and with a large family he could only dream about it.

My passion was flying. I was an avid hangglider pilot. But when my children were born I quit, did not feel it was responsible for me to keep taking that kind of risk. But the desire to fly kept tugging at my heart. Then a friend introduced me to sailing and I became infatuated with it. It was JUST LIKE FLYING.

The feel of the wind, the sails ( wings ), the whole experience was awsome. Two years ago I bought a CL-16 dinghy ( similar to the wayfarer 16 ) I have been enyoing it so much.

I bought the plans for a Spindrift 12 but then I started building boats for family members. Now I am drooling over the Core Sounds, so many of them build recently, so nice looking. 

The family caught on our enthusiasm  and we are having fun.

Sails are just like wings

The wind can make 'em sing

Songs of life, songs of hope

Songs to keep your dreams afloat.

From the CD (and song) "Boats to Build" by Guy Clark

The chorus goes-

"I'm gonna build me a boat

with these two hands

it'll be a fair curve

from a noble plan

let the chips fall where they will

cause I've got boats to build"

The words and music should resonate with lots of us. Guy Clark grew up in Rockport Texas and worked in the yards building shrimp boats when he was younger.