Weekender for sale/ SC

Guest Herb Stokes

Guest Herb Stokes

I've decided to sell my Weekender due to lack of use, I could use the space, and I'm about ready to build another boat. I built her in 1999-2000 and have sailed her less than 10 times. The mainsail is a dacron Sailrite sail used once, the trailer is a Wesco (essentially new: 3 trips to the water) and the hardware is all Harken. The only "hardware store" hardware on the boat is the mast hinge. To purchase the rigging at West Marine now would run about 580.00 plus all the 316SS screws, bolts, and aircraft nuts I used. I recently built and installed a new rudder box and laminated tiller. When I built her, the wheel seemed a bit much for this size boat, not to mention the constant adjusting and experimenting I read about on the BYYB forums, so the tiller won. It has performed flawlessly and certainly looks like it belongs there.

The boat is in "sail away" condition. I did not glass the deck or cockpit, so there is some checking. She's glassed from toerail to toerail around the hull and is in very good condition. The keel is very solid and there are no dings, cracks, or delaminations anywhere. She is a right nice looking boat. I will take 1650.00 for all. I do have a few pics and would be happy to e-mail them if interested. Thanks...Herb

• 3 months later...