All Painted!!!

capt jake

Thanks All!! I will post pics as I complete things. Hopefully very soon!!

I know a certain sailmaker (who has ben rather silent) who has been awaiting this time in the construction!! ;):)

Oh dear sailmaker!!! Where fore art thou??????

Eehh gads!! I just saw the new avatar for Tim as this posted!!! Aye thar maty!! I be boardin' this here ship, taken all of yer belongins with me!!! :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gollie Jake,

My goodness, What a magnificent piece of finish work!

I'm just a little disappointed though that you didn't decide on the Husky Purple and Gold with that wonderful bright safetygreen brightwork.

When I get down to finishing mine, I'm not sure I would want to show up next to yours.

Just teasing of course...It is going to be one of the prettiest I've seen. Can't hardly wait until I can see it up close and personal.

:)

The whole thing about it, the sandher has gotten no credit for this mess., oops, the shine. :P How are you doing with the empty nest, Jo? I commend you for seeking an outlet here on the forum. You bring fresh air to loggin on.. Mike

Funny you should say that Jo.

A person always gets an image in thier mind of what some of these forum characters look like. For me...I see Jake as this extremely hyper, nervous sort where his eyes never stop bouncing around in his head. You know, like,"whatdoIdonext!!!!!!?"......."wheredoIgonow!!!!!?"......"maybeIcandotwomaybethreemorethingsatthesametime!!!!!!!

His hands always twitching....knee bouncing when he is sitting....

If my son was here I would get him to do a caracture for me then post it. I have a keen image in me minds eye....I do. :D

Oyster' date=' what empty nest?? :?[/quote']

I thought you wrote, John was sailing the waters and doing some porjects in another land down under. When either one of my group travels, it creates and emptiness around the homefront. Our daily patterns change, here.

OK, gotcha about the "empty nest" now. John wanders around a lot and I am a world class worry wart so I work at not focussing on his absence. He, on the other hand, has a hard time thinking of the home folks as having ongoing lives. It's as if we are in stasis while he is gone. So we have a drill developed over the years that when he returns from the journey, he says "A lot went on while I was away and I'll never know everything that happened" once a day for the same number of days that he was away. He's away so much this year while on sabbatical that he just finished this exercise the day before he left for New Zealand. Itchy feet is what he has! The wild child will go over to join him for Spring vacation and can hardly wait, definitely daddy's girl. Not the year for me to go for many reasons but I'm looking forward to a brief bit of autonomy.