Team NZ broke their mast

Guest Anonymous

They finally start racing after days off, and the sports channel has stopped airing it! I finally start watching it online using their race tracking tool, and following the New Zealand Herald report on the events, which lags behind the race by a fair margine. I got confused, then worried when the tracker started showing NZ nolonger moving, and then sailing backwards ... then the harold told the tale. No mast = no win, and it sounds like they were taking on water again too. Somebody sure goofed on the design of that boat.

Actually, they ended up resuming the race coverage, but started shifting the air times. 12am for race 4, with a replay due to race 5 being postponed at 7 the following day, and I missed race 5 due to company, but either way, New Zealand didn't pull out a win, and I heard that they broke their spinaker pole during race 5. Not the kind of end to an America's Cup series that I'd be overly proud of ... but at least their boat didn't break appart or sink. I was beginning to wonder.