Trimaran Conversion

mrthethird

PAR influenced me into posting this project here....

I have been tinkering with design a bit, and am looking to move forward on this conversion project. It has been on the back-burner long enough. I have a 14' kayak hull that is about 70% complete, and I would like to modify it to carry a sail and two amas, much like the CLC conversion kit offered on the web.

I have drawn a basic sketch of what I have in mind, and I am looking for some other opinions. I know that opens the door... ;)

normal_Trimaran_Conversion.jpg

My CAD skills are pretty rudimentary....

Any input on rig, daggerboard size, ama size, pretty much anything is open for opinions  :)

• 5 months later...

I am considering  building something similar in concept.  A 17' kayak type hull form with catamaran hulls making a trimaran, and a radical amount of sail.  My thoughts currently lean to a main hull of maybe 29" width with a cocoon around the cockpit to keep the spray generated by 10+ knots off the driver.