Anyone going to the Cedar Keys meet in May??

ScottWidmier

I was wondering if I will see any of you at this event.  For those not familiar (this will be my first year to attend), every year the Cortez maritime museum has hosted a non-messabout on Cedar Keys. This year it is May 3rd & 4th and I am planning to drive down with one (maybe two) boats for the event.

Here is a blurb on it:

Quote:

Fri. 2nd

Cortez is still showing their event a couple weeks before that one which I think is your week at Hartwell, which is not bad, even though the areas are very different for boating.  We had wanted to go back to Cortez, but the high fever associated with the  OPEC flu seems to be lingering around. Texas right now supersedes boating events right now, until we get through April's yearly financial checkup. ;)

I should be there with my Peep Hen on Friday.  It works out well for be since Cedar Key is only a few hours away.  I hear what you mean about keeping trips to a minimum Oyster.  Unfortunately it does not look like it will get any better.

See you all there,

Niels

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there in my Core Sound 20.

I want to go to the Cortez event sometime (it is this weekend).  It is not just for Museum quality boats, but it is a lot more organized than Cedar Key (which is always on the first weekend in May). 

The only thing organized at Cedar Key is the cookout Saturday Night put on by the West Coast Trailer Sailors.  Everyone lollygags around the beach in front of Island Place on Saturday morning, admiring one another's boats.  Then we go out and sail around, admiring one another's boats.  Then we pull up on the beach at Atsina Otie island for lunch and closer examinations of one another's boats (and even test sails).  We sail about in the afternoon, then sail back to Island Place for the cookout adn maybe a talk (it was Sven Yurwind last year.).

See you there.