Weekender for Free-Mostly

Paul Rahn

Sue Sue was completed in October of 2006 and made a 50 mile voyage on the ICW from Charleston, South Carolina to Georgetown, South Carolina for the Georgetown Wooden Boat Show.  Since that time we had our first child and I have been unable to sail her or to keep her in the lifestyle to which she deserves.  She is made of marine plywood with glass cloth and system 3 epoxy on hull, cockpit and deck.  Hull, Decks and Cockpit are painted with Rust Oleum Marine paint, which is inexpensive, easy to apply and has done fairly well.  Cabin interior painted with exterior latex.  She is currently 80-85% ready to sail, as she needs some freshening (varnish, touch up paint) and the conversion from wheel to tiller steering needs to be completed (boat comes with a beautiful wood tiller from Ida Sailor and some machined pieces for the neck to the rudder box).  The boat has Harken Bullet Blocks and Mini Blocks which are included as are all standing and running rigging. There is a heavy duty outboard mount with springs on the transom.  The boat comes with a trailer which is in average condition but has no title.  The crafstmanship is average (this was my first boat) but Sue Sue would be an excellent starting point for someone who want to get on the water this season.  Sue Sue is registered in SC.    I plan to keep the trailboards as they were a present from my wife.

The boat, rigging and trailer are free. 

I am asking $200.00 for a set of Duck Works sails (used sparingly), $75 for a Tohatsu 2.5hp short shaft 2 stroke (needs impeller replacement and carbs cleaned), $500 for a 2006 3.5hp 4 stroke Tohatsu long shaft (in running order, less than 15 hrs on motor).  You don't have to buy any of these to have the boat but I am sure you will want some or all these things. 

I don't have any recent pics here at work.  I will upload some when I get home.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Paul Rahn

• 3 months later...

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...