Advice On Which Spindrift Please!

Guest rookie999

Guest rookie999

I want to build a Spindrift, but need some advice on which one.

The boat will be used for two-three people on a lake near my home. I want it mainly for sailing but, foresee that some fishing will be done.

I am thinking of a cat-rigged Spindrift 11. Would this suit my needs?

What about a s10 or s12?

Please help with the following questions to help me decide:

What is the bill of materials for all three? e.g How much plywood is needed for each?

Is the sailing performance similar for each? Is there an advantage of going to the sloop?

Thanks everyone - I have enjoyed reading the posts on this forum for a while

Check Graham's web site.  He may list the plywood, etc. requirements for the different boats.  If not, email him.  He is more than willing to help.  So saying, the 12 is definitely a bigger boat than the 10.  Duh!  Seeing the 2 together, its more than just the added length.  The 12 has a lot more volume.  More carrying capacity.  Not quite so frisky.  If I were going to build other than the 10, I would go for the 12 rather than the 11.  Don't really know what your desires are, but hope this helps.  Just to confuse things a bit more, take a look at the core sound 15.  Its really a spindrift 12 on steroids.