Ahoy there everyone!

Florin {VACATIONER}

Hello Craig!

You're right. Busy raising kids and doing all sorts of other things. Amazing how time flies when you're busy having fun. Not building aicraft anymore. The closer to the ground the better :-) for me. I did build a driftboat which I finished in the summer of '06. We did enjoy that for two seasons almost now. Also last spring we bought a stinkpot and spent many ours last season contributing to the "greenhouse effect".

And what are you up to?

Florin

We moved to Pheniox to work for the Coast Guard, I know what CG in PHX.  Any way here we are.  It was a good promotion that was not coming in Fla.  I need to stay a year then I can take it back to Fla and the AF.  We are down to one dog so freedom isn't far off.  She will be 13 next month.  Haven't been doing any sailing as I nearly lost the boat in a squall on Roosevelt lake in Sept and have not fixed the rock damage yet.  We are still living nthe RV!!  Other than that it is SSDD.

Glad to hear you're doing good. Well, at least you're not being beaten by hurricanes while you're in the middle of the continent hehehe. Sorry to hear about your boat. Good thing you're alive and well, boat can be fixed. We are selling the Vac. At this point in time we aren't using it at all (or at least for the past couple of seasons we haven't) and she takes a lot of space... We ended up having to pay for storage and there's no point in doing that if she isn't being put to good use. I am hoping I can find an enthusiast in my area to find her a good home.

We've sure used the driftboat a lot in the past couple of years. We've done a lot of fly fishing down the Bow River and wakeboarding and lake fishing on our Chaparral.

Are you planning on fixing your boat anytime soon?

No one hurt except the boats; although Bill was soaked and he scared years off me. It was a wild night to say the least.  ( It must be noted that not one beer was lost or spilled in the execution of this wreck)  Saralee is back in PHX now and a reassesment of the damage has been completed.  Repairs can be accomplished to make her as good as new and even stronger in the sides without the addition of too much weight.  Some minor fixes will start soon with the major work being done once we find a place to live.  Seems the RV resort folks frown on you flipping your boat in the empty lot next door.  Lubbers all I suspect, they just don't seem to know (or care) just who this boat is!  Can you imagine?  ::)

Fort Walton Beach Fla Greg.  I was born and raised in Muskegon.  Thanks for the compliments all.  She'll be repaired as soon I can get a place to park her.  Mark Milam took those photos a couple years ago when he had his Picnic Cat over our way. Look close and you can see the prototype sprit extension.

Well - ya know Craig - the "if" list is pretty long on my part too...had I put the spotlight I ALWAYS carry with me in the boat you wouldn't have been able to miss me the cove I found. It shines like 5 miles (slight exaggeration but Bill will tell you it is a real monster) I now have a sailing watch with a 16 hour Barometer  ;D and IF I had brought my radio from the truck we would have had WX....oh the "if" list.

I use this pic as desktop walpaper -sometimes

Morning_Light.sized.jpg

that next morning was really amazing when I motored out of that cove ... I couldn't believe it was the same lake.

I'd go back to Roosevelt with ya....just don't take the Apache trail, right?

a.

Roger on not using the trail!!!!!  The news said it washed out during the rain the other day.  The road comission has a permenent detatchment up there just to keep that road open.  It needs regrading everythine it rains, that plus the outer edges are always falling into the canyons.  Oh hell yes, drag another 30' trailer up that beast.   :P   :o

Hey, Adla. Good to know you are still around.

Re. Boat on the rocks. The first time I took my daughter out on Charlie Girl II, which had some serious philosophical issues about turning to port, I managed to put her (the boat) square on the rocks of the little lake we sailed on.

Ellen looked at me with a perfectly straight face and said. "This is really complicated, isn't it."