Ny project ? or not.

Pepe

Hmm

When I finished my first boat  - (weekender) I was quite exhausted of boat building and said that it was the first and the last boat I build. It was six months ago... Well my boat is in another lake and I m living in shore of small lake and dont have saillin dinghy here.....

So I wonder could I perhaps build BDRacer or Hannu

In my unprofessional opinion, I think you would be sad to spend the effort to build a boat that appears to be poorly designed. I can't imagine that it could sail any direction but down wind without a centerboard or leeboard of some type. And simply moving the mast forward without other appropriate adjustments would probably result in the same fiasco.

I do have a little experience. I added a mast and centerboard to a rowing pram and got a boat that could sail only as high as a beam reach. It would not head upwind at all.

Why not find a proven design before you waste a lot of money and effort?

Just my opinion... you may have better luck.

How did you create the 3D model?

I definitely agree with Garry on this one, not that you have to.  It seems to me that you are looking for a daysailer to use when getting to your Weekender isn't practical?  There are so many nice light weight, easy to build proven designs out there that might fit your needs/wants.

Every one has their own way of making decisions.  In a case like this I would sit down and make a list of all the characteristics I would like in a boat.  By doing this, without even considering what is out there, you will come up with a practical list of important things to you that aren't so tainted by your preconceptions.  Now take this list and research designs till you find the one that best meets your criterion.  You might be surprised with your decision in the end, and very likely pleasantly so.

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to take a look at some of Jim Michalak's (spelling...?) designs. They are a bit out of the box, often boxy, and go down to some very small sail and motor designs. But they are extremely well thought out by a very competent if somewhat unusual designer. You can find them on Duckworks Magazine in the plans section. www.duckworksmagazine.com.

DocFrog

V21 Light of Day

You may also want to take a look at Matt Layden's designs at microcruising.com.  One design is for sale: Paradox, a 14' heavily-built self-righting all-weather solo coastal cruiser.  (It's worth mentioning that several of these designs, including Paradox, point quite respectably without centerboard, leeboard or keel.)

I like Jim Michalak's designs and Paradox too. But I dont want to take a big projeckt now, sow I ordered Oz Pdracer plans. Have to say that they are worth of money.

The rudder especially seemed quite intresting and I plan to test Pdracers centerboard for rudder to my weekender.