work dolley for weekender

Guest geroze

Due to an assorted number of valid and invalid excuses, i have not worked on my Weekender for over a year.  But now.... gonna git back at it.  Somewhere i remember someone having a plan for a roll around cradle/dolley to sit the boat in and move it around.  Was i wishful dreaming or does anyone have any ideas.  It is great to see that everyone is still working at their passion. Thanks Glnroz from Texas

Cut a slot in the cross peices for the keel. And carpet the top edges of the ply cross pieces. So your boat is not only resting on the keel but the bottom ply too. Don't forget the casters  ::)  the locking kind are cool.

If you build the frame right, when you flip the boat to fiberglass the bottom, you can use the same dolley. As long as the cabin fits down between the cross peices. The frame width is as wide as the deck.

Good luck, working on your boat, you won't regret the effort.

M

Ken, we can't look at pictures on harddrive. Post the pictures somewhere on the internet--here in the gallery or on Photobucket. Then you can link to the images. Or, if the images are small enough you can upload them directly  by clicking on Additional Options below the text window in your post.