Paneling with finish on it...where to find

Hi Gang,

My Class C RV, which I got for a low price, had a long term roof leak (which was discovered after buying).  It rotted the wood above the cab, mostly on the passenger side.  The area is mostly below the the front window level and the bed.  I have removed all the rotted wood and cleaned up the area, only cracking one window in the process  :(.  After refurbishing and building boats this is not a problem for me to fix, except I need to locate 1/8 oak plywood with a "natural" finished veneer.  The original stuff looks just like the oak Pergo flooring I have installed in our house.  I considered using the Pergo but it is heavy and I do not want to add weight.  I am busy today rebuilding the window supports and bed.

Hoping that someone here may know, where is a good source of paneling like that in the northern Indiana or southern Michigan area?  I need only a couple of 4x8 sheets...maybe 3.

Thanks,

Greg.

It can be tough to find these kinds of things now.  You can sometimes find the high end, real-wood paneling at the hardwood specialty stores, where you would buy cabinet grade hardwood plywood.  But I haven't seen the type they usually use in motorhomes around anywhere for quite a few years.

Greg, you may have luck at a door and window manufacture, which most reasonable size towns will have. Door skin material is 1/8" and can be of several different species, including oak. The big box stores also sell door skin (34" by 80" sheets ) and it typically is mercanti (Philippine mahogany), generally found in their door and window section. I ordered 20 sheets of cedar from a local door and window mill, to match the cedar French doors I installed elsewhere in the house. The glue doesn't appear to be WBP, so you may want to check this out with the supplier if you have this requirement. Of course, there's always the fake Formica stuff you can glue to a substrate.

Thanks for the advice. 

I went to Home Depot, and they were clueless.....imagine that? ;D  Lowes does have small sheets, roughly 24x24 inches.

I am hunting around for the door and window mfrs close by and expect to make a trip down to Elkhart soon too.

I appreciate the leads and advice. :)

Greg.