Weekender; Central Kentucky

kydocfrog

Charlie Girl II, my slot-top Weekender is for sale. I have the opportunity and my wife's blessing to pursue a somewhat larger, more stable full keel boat. CG II is constructed of marine plywood with taped seams. She is not completely glassed. I know that is heresy, but when I was building her, the goal was a boat to sail, not a boat that would outlast me. Her interior is finished to very high standards; her exterior has more dubious dings and drips, but is sound and functional. Her semi-slot top is, im my estimation, a major safety improvement, and tablernacle mast arrangement is, I think, stronger than the basic door hinge design. She needs a professional tonneau cover and new washboards for the slot top and companion way, could use real mast-hoops, and some real yacht braid lines would not hurt. She is on a trailer. Both CG II and the trailer are for sale by bill of sale only; neither are registered. KY is a non-registration state as long as no power is involved, and I have never registered her. Professionally made poly sails, extra boom, trailer, and other bits and pieces included. I want to express my appreciation to all the folks at messing-about who have guided, commented, and advised over the last -- gee, three years? --as she has come together. This is a fun group, and I hope I won't be banished. Asking $1800. Located in Versailles, Kentucky. Pictures are available in various previous posts in the main forum.

DavidA

aka KYDocFrog

your are not giving yourself enough credit there.all marine ply. teak trim and nice brightwork and sharp interior and professionally built sails and a shorlander trailer. youo couldn't build that package for thrice the money not counting the labor. that is one fine wkender and well worth your asking price. won't last long. first buyer to see her in person will snatch her up. always the best. b bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest rgreen1991

Hello-

I've moved to Shelbyville from Florida in the past year.  Bought the late Dave Rudel's Vacationer "Idyler" from his widow last fall.  New to this forum and KY sailing in general.  Can you suggest good KY "sea trial" water for novice sailer and new vessel.  Taylorsville Lake maybe?  Wife could take the horses while I see if I remember anything of my life as a Sailing Ship Captain from 14 years ago?  Thanks..rjg

• 3 weeks later...

b bill here. hello to all . been gone awhile. sorry but life grabs you up sometimes. green river in cambellsville is the better sailing lake around these parts aside from KY lake. Dave used to take her there during the summer. I'm in springfield, ky .I like to sail. give us a holler. barnacle@kyol.net  all the best. b bill