Stevenson's Amphora Book?

Frank Hagan

I'm playing with the script to display a selection of boat building books on our Bookstore Page. Its not pretty yet, and certainly not finished, but when I entered a search for the long-out-of-print Amphora by Peter Stevenson, I got a page of 6 dealers selling the book, from $3.00 to $150.00. $150 :!:

Now, its a fun book, and it does have a very young Mike Stevenson pictured in it, but $150!

I also searched for "Sailboats You Can Build," Peter's book that includes the first Skipjack, and its available used from $8.95 to $23.53. So its worth checking the "used" links when you're looking for books.

lol- you should have seen my wife when she saw a copy of "Case for the Cruising Trimaran" by Jim Brown for $250. She picked our copy up off the floor and slid it back into the bookcase:)

Shame on Caliban. I have a scale model packed away at our farm up in east Texas. Maybe I can get it sometime and shoot a pic. Wasn't that article done in a Rudder mag? I had fun with the boat. Used a jib off a San Juan 21 for a sail. Eventually gave the boat to a boy's camp in Florida- they used it as a row boat. Somewhere around I have pictures of the boat- if they aren't with my ex-wife:(

I managed to get 'Sailboats you can build' for about $9US (nice copy too) off course by the time it got to New Zealand it was $35NZ but worth evry cent. Its a fabulous book not just building ,but sailing and the whole Stevenson Philosphy. We also have the Amphora and Buffy Porson in our libary, (I'm putting together an Anphora as a Tender to the Weekender) I saw one copy on the internet for $70!!!!!!