It's amazing... OT

capt jake

when you take the time to clean and repair you lighting in the shop. ;) When Joel was here the other day, I was installing a few ballasts for my flourecent lighting in the shop. I took the time to take down the reflectors (chrome) and clean them. I also took the bulbs and cleaned them as well. What a difference! I can't believe how dim and dull things had slowly gotten in the shop. Now I darned near need sunglasses to go in there. ;)

Of all of the projects I have worked on lately, this is the one that I still go out there to 'look' at! :)

Well mate I have probably the cleanest tidiest shed in the southern hemisphere at present havin only one wing to play with and having been banned from any and all machinery for another 4 - 6 weeks due to my own utter dumb stupidity one day 4 weeks ago when I had a run in between my left index finger and a forstner bit... Ive become a clean shed freak!! :shock:

Not a scaric of dust anywhere nor shavings nor chips is there within the shed... the machines are cleaner than the day I bought and set them up... in fact they may well challenge your lights for brilliance!... every plane spokeshave drawknife and chisel is now beyond SCAREY sharp while the neetness of the inside timber is astounding

I have gotten to the point of being worried about what I will do tomorrow when I go out there... see I was eyeing off the silver glide machine polish today while dusting of a few short lengths of timber from under he bench and the idea of polishing the raw timber with this stuff struck me so bad I ran screaming interror from the shed and poor young Joshy had to go shut the shed for me :oops:

Gawd I hate bein one winged :cry: And to think Ive got more of this to come... unless someone can give me some ideas to distract me?

Ohh an Jake? good job mate!! 8) although I wish I had light out there so I could brag as well :lol:

cheers

Shane

Dingo I would suggest it's time to start drawing up the next boat, that is unless it's you writing hand that is cut. If so Saralee and I would love to have you fly over to clean my work area. In fact if you promised not to build next to her Cadi she may keep you and send me down under! :lol:

Dingo just had to bring up the finger. ;) As I was putting the second ballast in, I was using a very sharp knife. Well, after 6 months of building on this boat, 9 months prior at Devlin's without anything more than a scratch, I layed open my thumb! Of course, it had to be my right thumb, because I am right handed. ;) Just started to heal a bit today adn I ripped 'er right open again (under the bandage) while trying to turn some bolts.

My shop is a mess' date=' and I haven't had time to clean it up. Really have to get to it one of these days![/quote']

stick yer finger in a dumb place Frank :wink: ... then watch how clean the shed gets!! :lol:

And Mike I think thats the reason behind the ban she has imposed... and since she found out about the shed an me bein bored troppo shes taken to makin sure theres someone here at all times... just so I dont get tempted :? :oops:

Jake... leave it heel this time eh? :wink: as Mike says thats the sucker your gonna hit mash or otherwise belt around if you dont :(

Cheers

Jake... leave it heel this time eh? Wink as Mike says thats the sucker your gonna hit mash or otherwise belt around if you dont Sad

I 'have' to get it done. ;) Final push, ya know. :) I 'hope' to have the boat on the trailer today, I hope....

Once the boat is on the trailer, all I have to do is drill 4 holes and mount the motor. :) :) Well, I did get the bow light back from the chrome shop yesterday, I have to mount that. All little stuff. :)

I put flourescent fixtures in my shop several years ago and love the light they put out. There are also incandescent fixtures for when the temperature is too low even for the cold weather flourescents. Each fixture has its own switch and the entire shop has a master light switch too.

I sure wish I had a shop...does a garage sooo full of stuff that you have to go outside to change your mind count? I have to take 10 minutes to shift the tools and stuff off the hull just to tell that it is still there and not termite fodder :roll:

Steve

Steve, my shop is the garage, but we rarely or never put a car in it. I built a shed, er boat shed, last year in order to clear the materials out of the shop and now there is room to build. :D