New builder CS 17 #154

QCHOTMIX

Hello all,

Finally after selling a boat, contemplating trying a sloop to cat ketch conversion on an existing hull, studying my set of plans for CS 17 #154 that I've had for over a year and reading this forum daily, I bit the bullet and ordered the plywood to begin what I hope turns into a nice sailing vessel.

Is there anybody in proximity of Tuscaloosa, Alabama that is currently building or still has a CS 17 or 20? I've studied lots of pictures but would still like to see one up close.

I've really enjoyed keeping up with this forum and I am sure that as I progress in this adventure, I will have plenty of questions for you guys.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice,

Johnny Turner

Congratulations!!! I used to live on the Black Warrior river in Demopolis. I currently live in Atlanta. I built and own CS 17 hull number 113 here. You are going to build a great design. The construction method is strong and simple. With a little care you will have a great boat. There is a lake on I20 close to Anniston. If you would like to meet there and sail in my CS. Just give me an excuse to Sail :D

OH yea, PICTURES MAN PICTURES!!