Netscape users: May have found a fix!

Frank Hagan

Think I have the Gallery problem solved too. My mistake, actually ... I had an extra tag that I didn't close :oops:

BAD! BAD! BAD FORUM HOST! :splat:

Anyway, those of you with Netscape 4.x, please take a look at the My Gallery pages and see if you see photos there now.

Frank' date='

Nope, still can't display the "My Gallery" page with Netscape 4.79. Looks like it loads it and does some kind of decode (java?), then just displays a blank white page with the "Document: Done" message on the status bar at the bottom of the window.

John M.[/quote']

Thanks for checking for me. There's no Javascript that I know of (at least not in my code!) I did find out where I can download a copy of NS 4.7, so that should make it easier to figure out. I was hoping my open tag was it.

It may be the fact that the entire Gallery is within a table, and Netscape has always been bad with tables. I'll have to try some alternates once I d/l the 4.7 browser and try it.

Frank' date='

Nope, still can't display the "My Gallery" page with Netscape 4.79. Looks like it loads it and does some kind of decode (java?), then just displays a blank white page with the "Document: Done" message on the status bar at the bottom of the window.

John M.[/quote']

I tried another thing ... can someone with Netscape 4.x see if the My Gallery pages show up.

My Gallery now shows up on Netscape 4.x ... I had to change the style of the page, so its ugly, but it shows up. It will take a little while to load with a dial up connection, so be patient ... Netscape doesn't handle tables very well, and all the formatting within picture albums are in tables. On my system, it takes a full 4 seconds to load just the index page (about twice as long as with more modern browsers).

Netscape still errors out on Mark Hughes' photos for some reason. Mozilla and IE process the pages fine, but Netscape 4.x gives a "Bad Request" error. Still haven't figured that one out.

If anyone has Netscape 6 or 7, please let me know if it works with those browsers. Click this link: My Gallery to open the My Gallery pages in a separate window.