pocket cruiser HELP

Mike Routley

:? I have spent several hours trying to figure out how and where the bow gusset fits on to the stem. I cut the gussets out and tried to place them. Given all the angles, nothing seems to work :x I know I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is. I sure would appreciate some help. My moaning chair is being over worked.

Mike Your front panel is 26" wide at the frount it is 90" at the bottom and 96" at the top, so you are going to have to lean forward 6"from square with the gusset. Look at figure #8 in your drawings and see if that helps. Or leave that gusset off until you put the front deck on and run it from bottom gusset to top . Hope this helps Bud. :)

Since the angles at the deck and hull are different on the Weekender (at least they were on mine, I "cheated".

I left the gussets square and test fitted them. I then used a pencil to mark where the deck and hull met the gusset. I used my table saw to get close to the mark and then my hand block plane to finish. It was quick, easy, and matched up quite nicely.

HI Mike, not sure if this helps or not either. I just went through the same thing on my skipjack if they are similar. I used a 2 by 4 with the outer 2 by edges ripped on a 45 degree angle on my table saw. The rest was planed & rasped by hand to get a good fit using a 1/4 piece of plywood to similate the sides & check the angle & fit at the top & bottom stringers & on the gusset itself. This pic does not show, but I also notched the top end of the gusset to allow placement of the two top deck stringers to lay along either side.

post-987-129497655318_thumb.jpg