Good Luck, Frank[OT]

Guest Oyster

Yeah, we'll see if this one flies. I have a couple of bets going on it ... and my inclination is to bet against me!

It may be that the number of people willing to argue on the Internet who can also form a sentence without including profanity or personal insults is pretty limited. Still, noble but useless causes are good for the soul. ;)

I'm running a few Google ads to see if there's any interest, and we'll try it for a month or so to see if the concept is attractive to people.

In the old BBS days, I moderated several RelayNet Forums, where moderation was the rule rather than the exception. HTML web sites weren't invented yet (or at least weren't widespread), but the Usenet was the "wild and woolly" unmoderated version of public discussion. Who would have thought the Usenet model would win out?

I think most of those users who enjoyed the moderated forums migrated to private mailing lists, which are still moderated.

Well Frank, you are brave beyond belief. Good luck to you, I love the concept and I just signed up and will give it a go. One of the main reasons I love this forum is because there is very very little political talk, which I feel doesn't belong here. I have had to give up on other wood working, fishing, boat building etc. forum because there were always a few jerks that could not resist getting carried away.

Nothing wrong with discussing politic, but I like it civil. I'm a dreamer... :)

We're starting to get some activity, so it will be interesting to see what develops.

messing-about has always been free of the political and other controversial topics because we've worked to make it that way; so the big question is if a political site can be that way too.

I appreciate the support guys! Thanks.