ALMOST finished Birders

Charlie Jones

Laura has been a very busy lady the last week or so. I've been working on the Core Sound so she did the prep work and sprayed the varnish on the decks ( 3 coats) and did the hull prep work so all I had to do was walk around with the spray gun and shoot the paint. They need one more coat of paint and the rub rails, but they are close enough to completed that I took mine fishing this morning :lol:

It was raining, but with waders and a rain jacket on, who cared? It is still quite warm here- shorts and tee shirt weather. I had a BALL!!! :lol:

The seats are really comfortable, but mine is about 1 inch too tall. I THINK I know someone who can fix that.

Anyway, here's a few pics

post-36-129497654075_thumb.jpg

post-36-129497654079_thumb.jpg

post-36-129497654083_thumb.jpg

Hey- it's just paint and varnish- If you put it on you can put it BACK on after a scrape.

The object is to have something you can USE- I put a couple of scrapes on mine this morning. I still have paint left over- no big deal.

And thanks for the compliment- I'll be sure Laura sees it.

• 3 months later...

Been away for a bit, sorry.

I used mine twice so far, but then things got REALLY busy in our lives. Laura hasn't even had hers in the water as yet.

It looks like our lives are to be slowing some after next week, so perhaps we'll get a chance to actually USE the boats :)

Oh - and I did catch one fish- one that surprised the heck out of me. I was throwing a red and white shrimptail on a lead head and caught a 15 inch mullet. Not foul hooked- it hit the lure and got caught in his upper lip!!!

Amazed me no end, but I'll tell ya what- they are a fighting fish for the size. :lol:

There is a bar on the beach at the Florida-Alabama border called the FloraBama. They have an anual Mullet toss where you drink lots of beer and throw mullets over to the other state. Really quite silly. I guess this tradition is really not a well known as those of us from LA like to think.