Steve Irwin RIP

Mike Routley

:( What a sad day. My family will miss seeing Steve and his adventures on TV. Steve was a man that felt the lives of all animals was special Not just the easy to Love ones, but the mean ugly ones too. Steves demise proves a point for all of us. Live every day like it was your last. There is no guarantee for tomorrow.

Mike

Steve Irwin passing is a sad thing for wildlife and nature conservation but sadder still for his loving and much loved wife Terri and his two small children Bindi ( 8 ) and Bob ( 3 ) and Australia has lost a much loved son

Loud boysterous energetic exhuberant passionate and enthusiastic Steve Irwin could hold vast audiences in his hand... the potential of Steve Irwin was only just begining his potential to some increadible things for the worlds wildlife and conservation was only just being tapped... and is now gone...

While some of us considered him dangerous ( myself and others such as legendary croc hunter and conservationist Malcolm Douglas being but 2) considering many of his antics sheer foolishness and increadibly dangerous... But to a tee Steve was a typical Aussie larrikan and a grand showman exceptionally good at instantly endearing himself to an audience no matter where he was in the world... he knew his stuff for sure with the crocs and other animals but they were always a huge risk and even as a "professional" he could never be sure the wild beasts he "played" with wouldnt take him out at any second... the risks he knew well.

Personally after years of watching this bloke and all his antics and shows I think to me as an Aussie his one greatest statement he ever made was about his country my crountry when asked what he would like to see done for Australia he responded "Mate Id turn the whole bloody place into a huge massive wildlife sanctuary" Steve to a tee :D

The shame and sadest part of his passing at the young age of 44 is his children their lives now forever without their much loved daddy... yes he died doing what he loved yes he died doing what he would have wanted to be doing yes he had medical crews on hand but even that didnt save him... but he was still far too young... it wasnt unexpected by many as he was by far to rash and over the top but still he has gone far too young.

From this Aussie to his family both the Aussie family and his extended family in the USA (Terris birthplace) to his mates his employees his many fans our love our hearts go out to them all

Shane Jo and hoonberrys

West Aus

A guy in a Greek sailor hat with a stuffed frog in his pocket steps up to the bar and puts down a some coins. He asks the bartender for a Foster's. Taking the glass, he raises it to the light, considers it, and then drains it.

"To Steve Irwin. Whatever else, he was unique and passionate in a world grown too bland."

He throws the glass into the fireplace and leaves the bar quietly.

DocA

With a nod to the culture and style of another legendary web community that I once frequented.