Mini Cup

Denis Goyette

I've built one and had a lot of fun during the building and the sailing of it. I actually have a pretty extensive web site - http://www.floatingbear.ca which sadly right at the moment isn't working. I think I have to hit a switch or something when I get home from work.

If you check the Stevenson Projects web site you can find some others as well - http://www.stevproj.com/SPPBBB.html

Mind you... I built mine entirely from the Popular Science article which I had saved since High School.

I made a model first, but there was enough info on dimensions published and the drawings were well enough to scale that adequate measurements could be taken from the magazine itself.

So I might have the first "reverse engineered" Mini Cup in history.

How did I know they would be findable years later on the internet??

www.riverbendvet.com/newweb

look at the section on "my first boat"

John

I started on about 1 1/2 years ago. I'm about a little less than 1/2 done. I have a problem sticking with a project. It's a fun project. I still intend to finish it eventually. I used box store plywood. If I started again I would invest in better plywood. Be a lot easier to work with.