• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in

SV Tidbit a 1964 "Wink" Warner designed Catboat

SV Dove a 1945 Atkins Active III Ketch

1954 Dyer Dhow

Wow' date=' that one won't work! It's limited to 40 characters total. Each new line character takes up 4 characters, so if you want it on two lines, you have to figure that in![/quote']

Tidbit 1964 Catboat

Dove 1945 Atkins Active III Ketch

Hows that ;)

The trials of being an editor ....

First Line:

Tidbit 1964 Catboat (23 characters counting the spaces and the 4 characters for the line return)

Second Line:

Dove 1945 Atkins Active III Ketch (33 characters in this line, for a total of 56 characters).

You have to get that at 40 or below!

You'll have to remind me of the story about Ben Franklin's advice to Thomas Jefferson when he was upset the "Committee" was re-writing his Declaration of Independence.

Simmons Sea Skiff

Hello everyone. My boat is so close. They sent me the wrong steering parts and thats all that's holding me up for wetting it. Motor is on,wiring is done,bow eye/stern eyes are installed. Oh and the upholstery I am still waiting on.If not for the delay of others,I would have been done by this past weekend. 4 days off in a row and I couldn't do anything but look at it.

Montgomery 17 #278

Lowe Paddle Jon

Spindrift 10N #529 (in progress)

Had to do some editing on that one ... and thought I might get away with just removing the hull numbers. As it is, even shortening "Montgomery" to "Mont." and removing the hull numbers still didn't give me enough characters to include the "10N" on the Spindrift line.

Feel free to make any suggestions for other formats to get the important info in there. Each new line requires 4 characters, each space one character, and then each character takes up one space ... and we only get 40 in the space allotted!

Micro Tawler (Someday)

Pram ( Trinkel )

Thanks' date=' a great idea![/quote']

Is that really "Micro Trawler" with the "R" in "Trawler"? I'll do it that way, but let me know if that's not correct (the Micro Trawler is a popular boat so I suspect that's what its supposed to be!).