Back to Captain Bob's

kydocfrog

As promised, a few more photos of launch and Captain Bob's Boat Dock. Photos have some problems from either a light leak or overaged disposable camera.

More proof that Charlie Girl is actually in the water, although no good pictures of her on her bouy yet.

Anyway, Captain Bob's is this just wonderful small southern fishing lake / reservoir / raggedy marina with absolutely no pretentions and just wonderful people hanging around. Cpt Bob has been a bit of a nautical roustabout, a mechanic, a designer with ClarkCraft and others (has a newly designed mini-pontoon boat that he is marketing), a counselor in rehab centers, a damn good story teller, and --when he finishes his masters in arbitration I'm going to get him on my faculty. It is just such a great place and a great guy, even if the wind does drop off promptly at 5 pm. There are certainly better sailing lakes in Kentucky, and I'll get there later, but for now I drive right past Bob's (Willisburg Lake formally) on my way to and from work every day and can even get there at lunch. What a deal.

I'm off now to go to the lake. Cheers!

Doc(David)A

post-520-129497650791_thumb.jpg

post-520-129497650794_thumb.jpg

post-520-129497650803_thumb.jpg

post-520-129497650814_thumb.jpg

post-520-129497650824_thumb.jpg

post-520-12949765083_thumb.jpg

it really does look like a nice place. LOVE the FROg...Darick's kids caught a real frog this weekend :? poor thing...and Darick caught a snake....all that and no trees...i can only imagine the critters in those parts.

if i had a lake that i could get to at lunch --- i would be at lunch a lot :P

Charlie Girl loOks goOd.

a.