Lively Trailer Setup

Dale Niemann

Because of the current Hurricane Warning around here I decided to spend the day getting "Lively" ready for towing.

I moved the bunks and the axel and set up the winch with proper allignment.

I ended up with 118 lbs tongue weight and the axel is about 5 inches forward of the mizzen mast. I will wait and let experience dictate whether these are proper. I will adjust later if it needs it.

I have been doing trailer work also. For some time I have felt I was running to much tongue weight, but changing the axles on this trailer is complicated enough that I put off modification, but today the boat will slide back on the trailer with a modified setup that should result in a lower tongue weight.

It all started with the decision to touch up the paint on my trailer. But then when picking paint I decided to use a new color...so instead of a bit of paint here and a bit there the entire trailer got a couple of coats of new paint. While I was at it the axle moved forward, and new wiring too.

Scott,

Yes I want to get active in the WCTSS again. Before I started building the CS 17 I was very active with the club sailing in "Bananas" my 3 meter tri. The club has really gotten more active recently. It would be great if you could make it down to Florida for some of our events. We welcome everybody to sail with us and join the club if they wish. I am planning to go on the New Years Everglades trip this year.

Brent,

Sounds like you got the likes of a new trailer. Did you ever go to NC sailing this spring?