Cool little boatlets

Pipefitter

I saw these and was wondering if there is a pirogue type canoe plans similar to this idea anywhere. This is a good way too point out why I don't believe the Simmons too tippy. I had close to this in mind as far as poling it in shallow water. Look how high these guys are up in the air on this skinny little thing. I know it's plastic but it has a cool shape and function to it.

http://www.eastcapecanoes.com/

We fished gheenoes alot. To me the gheenoe is a stable boat after fishing in canoes. It just takes a little consideration and balance. Small boats of old were not very wide in comparison to modern planing hulls. I think this is where comparitive stability attributes or the lack of gets lost a little.Coming from a canoe to a gheenoe, makes the additional stability apparent then from coming from a 17ft Mako down to it. Jet ski's are tippy,kayaks are as well. But once you get to using them,they in effect become part of you from familiarity. Seems like one's body involuntarily compensates after a spell.

If one thinks about it,the same could be said for, lets say, "rollerskates".

Greg,

Kayaks don't have the gyroscopic efect going for them ;) I'm a big believer in the stability of kayaks and canoes, however. They feel tippy but once you start getting the gunwhales down to the waterline they harden up pretty nicely - I'm speaking in very general terms, of course; the kayak I just retired last summer WOULD fall over if I sat stock straight in it and didn't try to proactively balance the thing - I tested it (it was my design of course). Those skinny little East Cape Canoe boats look like they are much more stable than my kayak.

Pipefitter,

What's a "Gheenoe"? You don't really need to answer that - I'll google it when I'm not on my way to bed :).

A gheenoe is a wide bottomed canoe with a flat transom for an outboard. Great little fishing machines actually. You can stand up in them with more confidence than standing in a standard canoe.

I actually had an idea for a boat like the east cape canoes but with a different idea for a bottom.But then I found the Simmons, offering the best of both worlds.

Better yet would be Atkin's Rescue Minor adapted to work with an outboard, although, I like the diesel that gets 20 something odd miles to the gallon. I also like diesel engines in boats if there was a good workaround for the vibrations.

Ok Ken,you can stay but a good act of contrition would be to convince 2 snow birds to move back north.

Just kidding,snow folks. Y'all are welcome but I'm still gonna talk funny to ya. And the spinning reel hangs under the rod and you have to flip the bail to cast. That isn't a push button on the back. :D