TEFIA (CS17 #129) Has Launched!

Hi everyone. I haven't posted for a while so I thought I'd fill the forum in on #129. It's now a boat!

I had a crew over on the last Sunday in April and we got her out of the shop and onto the trailer. It was a quick task for the 6 or 7 guys that came over (probably something to do with the beverages I bribed them with).

The following weekend, a good friend and I took our kids to a local lake and sailed! The wind was light and variable but on one puff I registered 5.5 MPH on a hand held GPS. I was really impressed with how fast the boat accelerated and how stable it was. It's really a great design! Thanks Graham!

Here's a couple of shots with boat on trailer and a shot of captain & crew. We had a great time and are looking forward to a summer full of sailing adventures. (Maybe this weekend if the rain ever stops).

I want to thank everyone on the forum for the advice and the inspiration you pictures and stories provided. It's a long haul building a boat and I think one of the biggest benefits the forum provides is motivation.

PS: My wife gets credit for the name: TEFIA (Tom's Escape From It All).

Tom

post-223-129497649851_thumb.jpg

post-223-129497649856_thumb.jpg

post-223-129497649862_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. I've been dialing in the boat and trailer. The rain and rotten weather we've been having has limited the sailing. I almost went today but gusts were 15Kn+. I was tempted but "walk before you run" kept running though my head. There still a lot of summer ahead.

Tom