Rolling along...

Guest Oyster

Guest Oyster

Just when you thought I had forgotten my lost sheep, well here it shows up again. Well, its not a Jake job rollover, :wink: but I am ready to finish the interior, as the bottom components are all done. Bottom paint will go on as soon as the interprotect cures a bit more, and will be ready for my own rollover for the last time. I had already sealed and painted the shoe, that works fantastic for beaching the boats, and keeping it upright.

The centerboard is weighted with ten pounds of lead, melted in a nice flat broiler pan, on my outdoor grill, making a neat 1/4 inch bar, and I cut it in half, and enlayed into the 1/2" plywood that is skinned with two layers of 1208 biaxall and skinned with a layer of 4 oz cloth, also primed with Interlux Interprotect 2000E, and will get bottom paint up to the top of the exposed area of the trunk.

post-0-129497649693_thumb.jpg

post-0-129497649699_thumb.jpg

post-0-129497649705_thumb.jpg

post-0-129497649711_thumb.jpg

post-0-129497649716_thumb.jpg

Guest Oyster

I can hardly wait to get the glits and gingerbread on it and make it go swish. 8) If everything goes as planned, [year right] it will be ready for the July 4 sail trip.

Guest Oyster

The devil is in the details. :wink: I was required to place it on the sidelines for a couple of big reasons. I had to get some "grease" for this wheel and another prize family possession required me to take up some slack in the area of honeydos while she slaved in the real world. Well off to the water. Make sure all of you folks take any form of your Mothers for a nice sail this weekend, too. 8) But if that is not possible, take a few moments and hug your "mom" or stop for a moment and say thanks. See you guys next week.

• 4 weeks later...