distractions

adla

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pictures' date='looks like fun. How would dove have been like on the same kind of day?[/quote']

Don't know she is a ketch less beamy but with a more controlled rig it will be fun to see the difference in sailing between the two. I figure she will be in the water middle of the summer, but we will have to wait until the fall to see how she can handle the same kind of gusts.

In the meantime spring sailing Tidbit is a blast

ef382b95.jpg

ef382b41.jpg

ef3827b8.jpg

ef3823ae.jpg

ef382ab9.jpg

ef38260e.jpg

• 1 month later...

IMGP1128.jpg

Gawd strewth woman where were you when I was young single and mad enough to get on a plane to the states??? You get absoflaminlutely more prettier every time I see you! And love boats! AND BUILDS BOATS?... MAN what else does a bloke need? 8)

I gotta ask... what do you do when your not building sailin or muckin about in boats Adla? and never a bloke in the pics with you??? Are all the blokes over there BLIND??? man!!! Most of the blokes here I know from elsewhere but you? your a mystery you beautiful boat nut you!

ooh to heck with it Im gonna just jump a plane and come over!! :D ahem... yes dear? no dear I wasnt flirting with that drop dead gorgeous boat girl... I was NOT!!.... yes dear you know I love you... even though you get seasick in the bath even though you dislike boats like I dislike cats :roll: ... sigh ah well bein an ol married phart in another country aint all bad :wink:

Lucky Im down here and your up there eh Alda? Id be around to meet up with you in a shot!!! :wink: :lol: I better get busy buildin my weekender and start the long journey up that way eh? keep a weather eye open for the legendary Spinifex Lady and the manic Dingo at the wheel I'll be the one winkin at you! :twisted:

i am up reading badly written articles for school --- more pictures would certainly take my mind off the task at hand which is likely to result in me coming unglued *grin*...

here is a picture of me and a 'bloke' - actually it is my friend Bill Olney from Arizona (his wife is a sweet lady that is very understanding of the boat addiction) - another boat builder *GRIN*

log_027.jpg

and this is my new favorite shot of Morgaine:

log_047.jpg

i appreciate the compliments Dingo - but i am not really that mysterious...just the only one that really likes boats around here except the one dog (Bill is babysitting while i take pictures):

IMGP1418.jpg

The dog loves the boat...but makes me lift her into it and that isn't mucn fun. She is one heavy beast that gets all lethargic when it is time to board. Ok - back to work

a.

Guest Oyster

Well, my white knuckle shot of railing, shown this past weekend here, displays that I can do it as good as you guys, without winds. :lol: Inquirying minds want to know is it because I have "another" brand here? :wink:

BYYB2006.jpg

Guest Oyster

Funny... :lol: Thats "Waste Knots" the old one built from scrap. The round stern is working its way to the head of the class, hopefully graduating with sea legs, in or about Sept.

That's almost like calling your wife "Fatty". :shock: :lol:

What and you dont?? :? Strewth and here I thought everyone did!! :roll: :lol:

Joe... mate sorta chome domed handsome I may go with but pretty? NOT A FLAMIN CHANCE mate!! :P Although theres somethin about a bald headed buggar in a red tutu that does things to me :wink: (like head for the hills like a demented emu!! :lol: )

Adla I dont care what anyone says girl your redhot and the blokes up there are insane not to snap you up fete you with flowers and choccys cover you in precious gifts and well... gawd strewth woman you deserve all the accolades I can toss at you!! (hey someone must these old pharts wont!!... sigh takes an Aussie eh?!! :lol: )

Mike... mate Waste Knots has given you and her highness many hours of great fun and enjoyment shes a beauty!... and "le Popsickle" is also gonna be a stunner! I wait patiently waiting for her launch 8) ooh I know you gots that Simmons to finish an all that stuff but le popsicle has to be the best Ive seen in flamin ages... different you know? and that tail mate talk about tempting!!... Im still wonderin how one would go doin that round stern on a weekender :wink:

The dog loves the boat...but makes me lift her into it and that isn't mucn fun. She is one heavy beast that gets all lethargic when it is time to board. Ok - back to work

a.

You're a pretty handy gal Adla - you should rig up a cargo whip and just hoist that beast on and off :D

image1111.gif

Guest Oyster
Looking forward to seeing that one launched. You really ought to come up with a better name for her' date=' though. [i']Round Stern[/i]. That's almost like calling your wife "Fatty". :shock: :lol:

Well I have learned over the last few decades that no matter how you address many topics of conversation, I seem to be always wrong anyway. She says that the only time I seem to open my mouth is to change feet. Get me :wink:, too?

FWIW, yes its got a name, but normally the old seadogs, rarely applies an offical name to a hull until the official launch party. But I have all of that worked out, already.

P1010002-1.jpg

Guest Oyster

Tom, if there was ever a name that fit the boat, then the selected name meets and exceeds all expections. Accidents happen, you know, but in some cases the accidents works out to be fine. In this case, this is a fine example of such an instance. So I anticipate that after all said and done, I will get plenty of miles with this one. After all, I have never been too normal, either. :wink: