Still a bit brisk

Mark Gudschinsky

Normally this time of year spring is definitely in the air even if it is several weeks away. This morning we woke to -30f. It has been warming up to near zero during the day so we don't mind too much. But then again, enough is enough. So if any of you have some extra global warming send it on up. After all there are boats to be built!

post-100-129497647563_thumb.jpg

Hey John,

Good to see you posting.

I was going to tell them that you had finished the super computer work here in Fairbanks and had been sent to the lower states to prepare everything on that end, but I didn't want to compromise your position. :wink:

Also Mike Pennington and I have just started to think about beginning to consider commencing putting together a get together at Big Lake this summer. I believe as a charter member of the Alaskan fleet you attendance may be mandatory.

Guest Oyster
Dammit! AND he knows the secret handshake too!! Geeze' date=' he's going to give away ALL the secrets!! Yank his PFD! He's out of the club! :lol:

--John M.

Alaskan-in-Exile[/quote']

Now that you are settled into your area, here is a link that seems to have your name on it this year. Don't be so quiet now. :wink:

http://www.paxtonconsulting.com/2006_MN_Messabout.html

Oyster,

Yep, already have the MN Messabout on the calendar here in the office! As Dave R said, I made it to Bill's get together last year on Lake Pepin & had a great time. Great to see so many gaffers out on the lake at the same time!

Mark,

Great to hear about the get together up there. Keep me informed! You wouldn't happen to be planning it for around the 4th of July would you? Some of the old gang from Fairbanks is planning a Halibut charter for down in Homer for the 4th. I have a bunch of frequent flyer miles I might be able to use.

Just got back from Switzerland, Italy, the Olympics and Carnevale. Yeah, business trip, right. :lol: Getting ready to head to the Grenadines to get my bare boat charter certification. A week live aboard in some sunny islands is sounding pretty good about now. :)

--John M.

Alaskan-in-Exile

John,

Thats quite an itinerary! Must have been a great trip! You appear to have taken to the foot loose and fancy free role quite well. :D Do you need any help getting that bare boat certificate?

We'll check with Mike and see what their schedule might be like around the 4th of July. I always take off work for several days about then so timing would be good for my crew. Now that you've given us a date to work around we'll see what can be put together for a bit of a messabout.

Soon as we figure it out we'll invite the rest of the board also.

• 3 weeks later...