On the Home Stretch

Tom Williams

I've got CS17 Hull #129 getting close. Masts and spirt booms are complete, varnish is done (almost), hardware is mounted. I'm building floor boards for the forward cockpit this weekend. After that, mast cradles for trailering, a boarding step on the transom and ??? (I'm sure there's more :roll: ). I'll be ready to transfer from the building cradle to the trailer in April!

Here's a couple of pics.

post-223-129497647481_thumb.jpg

post-223-129497647487_thumb.jpg

post-223-129497647492_thumb.jpg

It was so warm today that I was tempted to take her out, even though I'm in the middle of a dozen different improvements. --but I really need to finish my dodger before I'll brave sailing at this season. Remember, Tom: it'll never be completely done. (Mine isn't even painted yet!) Don't let that stop you from sailing!

She is looking great Tom. We are are about the same stag of completion. The bottom and topsides are faired and I will prime today.

You may have already mentioned this in another post, but what have you installed under the mizzen thwart? Would you please post a close up of it?

Thanks

Hi Dale, Glad to hear your making progress. Here's a couple of shots of my thwart. I started thinking a mini bulkhead was the ticket for a compass mount. It grew into a mount for a radio (my wife's requirement) and a "glovebox" which contains my switch panel for the electrical. It was a challenge to build this (I put in a mini mast drain tube) but, It looks nice and will be handy for the 3-4 day cruises I'm planning.

Tom

post-223-129497647586_thumb.jpg

post-223-129497647591_thumb.jpg