CS 20 # 67 goes 3-D

Noklin

Congratulations Graham and Fred! I have enjoyed following along.

Too bad the Norseboat was not entered.

Not only setting a new course record but beating two cats in the process shows just how fast the design is with a good crew on board.

With a lot of help from two friends, we just unfolded CS 20 #67. It was as easy as I had read it should be. Before starting, I went to town to pick up film for the camera and could not find any. Will post pictures when I can.

Both guys from work was very impressed with the design and how large it looks setting on the cradle in the garage.

I know this is just the start and I have a long way to go, but it finally looking like a boat is a big inspiration.

Tom, I read all of the post on how the cradle supports could cause flat spots on the hull due to the weight. I tried to get around this by adding a 2X2 along the edge of the supports so that the hull weight was sitting on additional area. Can not tell yet if that is actually going to help.

post-523-12949764764_thumb.jpg

Looks good!

You are making me feel lazy. At that point in the construction of my CS 20 I set it on some picnic table benches.

I managed to overtighten my stiches in the bottom panels so my bottom is not as fair as it could be. There were a couple of small gaps that I should have left alone rather than sucking them in tight. Or perhaps some high spots I should have planed down.

I won't do that on my next boat. Of course, I may not build a next boat because this one serves my needs so well.