Sail Loft?

Jim Stumpf

I am hopeing to launch the Kingston 15 I am working on around fathersday in June and I am starting to think about sails. I used Ultasail for my Vacationer and Pirogue sails and was very happy with the quality and certainly the price. It appears that Paul has left the planet and was wondering what other small, quality sail makers people are using. We have a Elvstrom/Sobstad Sail Loft here locally but I have the feeling that my sails are more bother than they are worth to them and I have a bad feeling the price will reflect it. ( Just a hunch they haven't made time to get back to me yet). I am really not interested in sewing my own, I have a machine that will handle it and I have done projects like sail covers, bags and cushions, but I think I would like a professionally done suit of sails. To keep a June launch I don't think I would have the time anyway.

By the way I am making great progress since my last post I will get some new pictures posted. I started assembling all of the storage and floation compartments and dryfitted the berths and cockpit floor. I am not sure I like tack and tape, that is a lot of fillets=lots of epoxy.

As always thanks for your input,

Jim

Consider it a compliment! :D I have really enjoyed the pictures and it looks like she will be a great boat. I am to the point of painting my newest creation; a 12' sail/row boat of my own design. Wanted something lighter for car/camper topping than my C12. Been doing the final sanding which is oh so much fun :roll: .

I did miss our fall sail and would love to book something with you. Not sure how far Kentucky lake is but that land betwen the lakes looks really cool. I am planning on Craigs gettogether, BEER cruise, and the Duckworks Messabout in Texas. Be a fun summer but I do wish I had a bigger boat like your Kingston. Have to make some sort of platform and tent for my C12 that provides some protection from the noseeums I read so much about in Florida.

Some year I also plan on doing the everglades challenge primarily just to say I have done it.